Rune arrow

From Old School RuneScape Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Rune arrow detail.png
Rune arrow(p) detail.png
Rune arrow(p) detail.png
Rune arrow(p) detail.png

Rune arrows are stronger than adamant arrows, are stackable, and can be used on any bow of yew or stronger. They can be created through the Fletching skill at level 75 by using 15 rune arrowtips on 15 headless arrows, granting 187.5 Fletching experience. Players may also obtain 50 rune arrows from the Ranging Guild in exchange for 2,000 archery tickets, or the Bounty Hunter Shop in Edgeville for 600 points each. Lastly, they can be bought from the Lletya Archery shop.

Rune arrows with a Magic shortbow (i) are a powerful weapon for Ironmen before obtaining the Toxic blowpipe, however they are outclassed by Karil's crossbow.

Despite the presumed expense, as with all ranged ammunition, rune arrows only have a 20% chance to break when fired. Assuming the player wears a device such as Ava's accumulator, 72% of the arrows are returned and 8% fall to the ground. With Ava's assembler, 80% of the arrows are returned instead, leaving none on the ground.

Creation[edit | edit source]

Fletching Fletching75 (b)187.5
Member icon.png
Ticks2 (1.2s)
Headless arrow.pngHeadless arrow15105
Rune arrowtips.pngRune arrowtips153,435
Total Cost3,540
Rune arrow 5.pngRune arrow15585

Products[edit | edit source]

Rune fire arrow 5.pngRune fire arrow
Member icon.png
  • None
  • None

Item sources[edit | edit source]

For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here (include RDT).
Ancient Wyvern210 Multicombat.png25–503/132
Ankou Level 9898 Multicombat.png5–144/95
Barbarian Assault/Rewards HighN/A Casket.png400–5001/32
Brutal black dragon318 Multicombat.png757/128
Brutal blue dragon271 Multicombat.png157/128
Brutal red dragon289 Multicombat.png257/128
Chambers of XericN/A Casket.png1–9,3622 × 1/33
Chaos Elemental305 Multicombat.png15010/128
Chewed bonesN/A Casket.png106/128
Choke devil264 Multicombat.png123 × 5/128
Crystal impling jar Hunter icon.png400–7501/18
Crystal impling80 Hunter icon.png400–7501/18
Dark ChestN/A Casket.png200–268Unknown
Drake192 Multicombat.png35–6510/85
Dust devil93; 110 Multicombat.png125/128
Ferocious barbarian spirit166 Multicombat.png104/128
Fire giant86; 104; 109 Multicombat.png125/128
Guardian Drake386 Multicombat.png35–653 × 10/85
Kalphite Queen333 Multicombat.png2503/128
Kree'arra580 Multicombat.png100–1058/127
Locust rider68; 98; 106 Multicombat.png182/128
Mithril dragon304 Multicombat.png83/128
Ninja impling jar Hunter icon.png701/19
Nuclear smoke devil280 Multicombat.png243 × 2/128
Red dragon152 Multicombat.png48/128
Reward Chest (The Gauntlet)N/A Casket.png200–3002 × 1/24
Reward Chest (The Gauntlet) (Corrupted)N/A Casket.png250–4503 × 1/24
Rune dragon380 Multicombat.png30–408/127
Scarab mage66; 93 Multicombat.png182/128
Skeletal Wyvern140 Multicombat.png365/128
Smoke devil160 Multicombat.png242/128
Spiritual ranger115; 118; 122; 127 Multicombat.png52/128
Spoils of warN/A Casket.png100–2003 × 5/96
The Nightmare814 Multicombat.png12–5393/100
Thermonuclear smoke devil301 Multicombat.png1002/128
Vyrewatch Sentinel151 Multicombat.png4–104/93

Shop locations[edit | edit source]

This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
To force an update of this list, click here.
in stock
sold at
bought at
Ranging Guild Ticket ExchangeRanging GuildN/AArchery ticket.png 2,000N/AMember icon.png
Lletya Archery ShopLletya4001m 18sCoins 250.png 520Coins 100.png 160Member icon.png
Dargaud's Bow and Arrows.Ranging Guild4001m 18sCoins 250.png 400Coins 100.png 200Member icon.png
Sian's Ranged WeaponryPrifddinas5001m 18sCoins 250.png 400Coins 100.png 220Member icon.png
Hickton's Archery Emporium.Catherby040m Coins 250.png 400Coins 100.png 200Member icon.png
Justine's stuff for the Last Shopper StandingLast Man Standing lobbyN/A3N/AFree-to-play icon.png