|Animal Magnetism (#117)|
|Released||12 December 2006 (Update)|
|Lead developer(s)||Matt H|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to Ava in Draynor Manor.|
|Description||Draynor Manor has a new resident and, adventurers rejoice, she is a damsel in distress. Far from being Sleeping Beauty, she finds the Manor's beds not to her liking and is suffering from insomniac nights. If you fancy yourself able to aid Ava in her search for a good night's sleep, who knows what the budding scientist will produce as a reward?|
|Official length||Medium – Long|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
You find out she is the new assistant of the professor at the top of the manor. After talking for a while, she says she will make you something if you get her some things to fix her bed. She will tell you she needs two undead chickens.
Undead chickens (Morytania)[edit | edit source]
- The easiest way to reach Alice is using an Ectophial to teleport to the Ectofuntus (after completing Ghosts Ahoy).
- If you have access to the fairy rings, code alq will take you to the eastern side of the Haunted Woods just south of the farm.
- If you have entered Morytania before, take the charter ships on the southern docks of Port Sarim to Port Phasmatys for 1300 coins.
- The POH Kharyrll Teleport will take you to the Canifis pub, from which you need to run north-east. You can use these via a hosted house as well.
- Additionally, a Fenkenstrain's castle teleport tablet can be used to teleport to the castle just west of the farm.
After finishing the conversation with Alice, talk to her husband located in the farm, near the undead cows. Keep on talking between Alice and her husband until you find out he wants to speak to her directly; in order to do that, you must get the Old Crone to make a modified ghost-speak amulet for Alice's husband.
Deliver the amulet to Alice's husband at the farm. Talk to him again: an amusing cutscene will play, involving a fake player character named Cow31337Killer (31337 being leet-speak for "elite"). After Alice's husband has successfully caught some undead chickens, he will finally offer to sell them to you—for 10 ecto-tokens each.
Note: If you brought pots, buckets, and bones to obtain ecto-tokens, read here on how to get them. Also remember that if you have not completed Ghosts Ahoy, you will need two additional tokens to enter Port Phasmatys, so you may want to bring extra materials.
Remember: Before leaving, buy two undead chickens from Alice's husband for a total of 20 ecto-tokens.
Magnet (Draynor Manor & Crafting Guild)[edit | edit source]
Return to Ava, and give her the undead chickens. She will now need a magnet. Speak with the witch in the north-west corner of the manor (twice), and give her your 5 iron bars. She will give you a selected iron, and instructions on how to turn the bar into a magnet.
Teleport with your skills necklace to the Crafting Guild (or teleport to home if your house is at Rimmington, or teleport to Pest Control minigame and take a ship to Port Sarim and run from there, or use Falador teleport (tablet)), run to the centre of the mine north-east of Rimmington, and use a hammer on the selected iron while facing north to turn it into a bar magnet. If you are not facing north, it will not work. Get a Mithril axe now to save some time.
Return to Ava with the magnet, and she will tell you her next request.
- You will also get 50 experience in Crafting when you give Ava the magnet and you will get the message
Undead twigs[edit | edit source]
Items recommended: Games necklace (or some other way to quickly travel to Burthorpe, such as the minigame teleport to the Games Room )
Ava will now tell you she needs undead twigs from one of the undead trees around the manor. You will need to cut one of Draynor's undead trees (not the normal dead trees that you can chop, but the type that attack you as you walk past).
Use your Combat bracelet to teleport to the Warriors' Guild (or Burthorpe Games Room minigame teleport, or Games necklace to Burthorpe) and talk to Turael, the slayer master to the south-east. Turael says he will give you a blessed axe in exchange for a mithril axe and a holy symbol. Supply him with these two items, and he will give you the blessed axe, which can be used to cut the undead trees.
Return to Draynor Manor, and chop an undead tree with the blessed axe. If successful, you will receive undead twigs. It is possible to fail at this if you have a low Slayer level. If you do fail, simply click the tree again until you obtain the twigs.
Deliver the undead twigs to Ava: she will tell you she has almost completed the invention she is preparing for you, but some of the research notes she's gathered still need translating.
Translating the notes[edit | edit source]
You will now have to translate her research notes. See the picture to find out the combination. To change the colours of the buttons along the bottom, simply click on them.
Once you have ungarbled the notes, talk to Ava, and she will tell you to get a piece of hard leather and some polished buttons to finish the device. You'll receive a pattern along with 50 Crafting experience, which you will need to combine with a piece of hard leather and some polished buttons to create a container.
Hand the container over to Ava, and the quest is complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest point
- 1,000 Crafting, Fletching, and Slayer experience
- 2,500 Woodcutting experience
- Ava's device: Ava's attractor if Ranged level is less than 50 or Ava's accumulator if your Ranged is 50 or higher.
- The device will automatically pick up most of your ranged ammunition.
- The device generates iron (Attractor) or steel (Accumulator) arrows into your arrow slot, and also randomly attracts items into your inventory, including but not limited to:
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Completion of Animal Magnetism is required for the following:
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The quest's name is a reference to a phrase of the same name, referring to either sexual attractiveness or a hypothesised natural force in all living beings.